Postpaid Mobile Service Terms & Conditions
This is a legal document that forms part of the Aussie Mobile Connects Customer Terms that apply to your service. You must read and understand all documents that form part of the Customer Terms (including this document, the applicable Service Terms and the offer you choose) before you commence using the Service.
1. The Service Terms
- These Service Terms set out the standard Aussie Mobile Connects terms and conditions that are specific to the Post-paid Mobile Service.
- You should read all of the Customer Terms that apply to the Post-paid Mobile Service carefully so that you understand all of your rights and obligations before you use the Post- paid Mobile Service.
- You may obtain a copy of any of the documents forming part of the Customer Terms, from the Aussie Mobile Connect website www.aussiemobileconnect.com.au or without charge on request.
- The meanings of capitalised terms used in these Service Terms are listed in Clause 11 or in the General Terms.
- Elements of the Post-paid Service Mobile may be subject to the requirements set out in the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code C628:2012.
2. The Post-Paid Mobile Service
2.1 What does the Post-Paid Mobile service give you?
- Subject to the Customer Terms, the Post-paid Mobile Service will give you, within the Mobile Network Coverage Area of the Mobile Network:
- access to the Mobile Network.
- the ability to use the Post-paid Mobile Service from your compatible device.
- access to the Account Management Service; and
- the use of a Mobile Number.
- Your Post-paid Mobile Service is for your personal or business use only and is available to individuals and businesses.
- The Post-paid Mobile Service must only be used using a compatible device.
- The Post-paid Mobile Service must not be used for multiple simultaneous calling, re-supply, call centre usage, telemarketing, bulk messaging, application-to-person communication, continuously call forwarding, auto-dialling, machine-to-machine communication, baby monitor, in a device that is not a compatible device, with cellular trunking units or any other activity not specified in the Customer Terms or determined not to be covered by the Customer Terms by Aussie Mobile Connect from time to time providing that Aussie Mobile Connect must act reasonably in making such a determination.
- If you log into the My Account Login, this will provide you with access to account balance information for your account.
- You are eligible to purchase a Post-paid Mobile Service if you complete an application which is accepted by Aussie Mobile Connect and pass an identification and credit assessment.
- Unless Aussie Mobile Connect agrees with you otherwise, in order to take up the Post- Paid Mobile Service, you must agree to pay for it via an auto payment from a credit card or direct debit.
- In order to take up any Post-paid Mobile Service you must ensure you have a compatible mobile handset or tablet device.
2.4 Sim Card
- You will receive a sim card as part of your Post-Paid Mobile Service.
- You must take all reasonable care to keep the sim card safe and in good condition and comply with any procedures specified by Aussie Mobile Connect to protect it against unauthorised use.
- If You lose the sim card or if it is stolen, you must tell Aussie Mobile Connect immediately by contacting Aussie Mobile Connect. You are responsible for all charges up until the time you tell Aussie Mobile Connect that the sim card is lost or has been stolen.
- You must not use your sim card or the Post-Paid Mobile Service in connection with a Sim Box, whether to terminate, transit, refile, aggregate, facilitate domestic or international traffic over the Mobile Network or otherwise.
2.5 Minimum Term
- Your Post-paid Mobile Service has a minimum term of:
- in respect of Post-Paid Mobile Services provided under the 12 Month Sim Only Offer, 12 months; and
- in respect of Post-paid Mobile Services provided no lock in contract, one month (Minimum Term).
- At the end of the Minimum Term, you will remain on your chosen Post-Paid Mobile Offer on a month-by-month basis. If Your Post-paid Mobile Offer is no longer available to new and recontracting customers, Aussie Mobile Connect may move you onto another Post-Paid Mobile Offer that it reasonably considers to be comparable or ask you to select another Post-Paid Mobile Offer. Aussie Mobile Connect will provide you with reasonable notice if this is to occur.
- If you cancel your Post-paid Mobile Service at any time before the expiry of the Minimum Term, you will need to pay any outstanding Charges incurred and an Early Termination Fee (ETF)of $55 inc gst. No ETF shall be payable if you cancel a Post-Paid Mobile Service acquired under a Month to Month Sim Only Offer, however:
- the full Minimum Monthly Charge may be payable in respect of the month in which the relevant Post-paid Mobile Service was cancelled; and
- If You want to exercise Your right in Clause 2.5(c) to cancel Your Post-paid Mobile Service after the expiry of the Minimum Term, you must provide us at least 30 days’ notice. If you do not provide at least 30 days’ notice, then Aussie Mobile Connect may not be able to process any pro-rata refunds of the Minimum Monthly Charge that has been paid by you.
3. Using Your Post-Paid Mobile Service
3.1 Included Value and Data Allowance
- Every calendar month from the activation of your Post-Paid Mobile Service until its cancellation or termination (each such calendar month being a “Usage Period”), you will receive:
- Included Value which is an allowance ($) which can be used to pay for charges (as described in Clause 3.4 below); and
- Data Allowance which is an allowance (MB/GB) for data usage while in Australia.
- The amounts of Included Value and Data Allowance depend on your chosen offer, which are described in Schedule 1 to these Service Terms. In relation to tablet devices, only Data Allowance may be available.
- Subject to paragraph (d), any unused Included Value and Data Allowance expires at the end of each usage period and does not roll-over.
- Unless otherwise notified by Aussie Mobile Connect, Included Value and Data Allowance cannot be transferred between different Accounts and/or different offers.
3.2 Using Your included Value and Data Allowance
- Each Usage Period, as you use features of the Post-paid Mobile Service, Aussie Mobile Connect will deduct Included Value, Data Allowance (as applicable) from your account to pay for the charges which you incur.
- You can use the Post-Paid Mobile Service within the Mobile Network Coverage Area up to the amount of Included Value and Data Allowance during the usage period. Once you have exceeded your Included Value limit and/or Data Allowance, you will not be able to use the Post-Paid Mobile Service until the start of your next Usage Period, except that you will be able to:
- make calls to emergency services (000 and 112 numbers).
- receive calls on your Post-Paid Mobile Service, provided you are using a compatible handset device (excluding tablet devices).
- Aussie Mobile Connect may terminate your use of a feature of the Post-Paid Mobile Service you are using if you exceed the relevant Included Value and/or Data Allowance in your account whilst you are using that feature. For example, if you run out of Included Value for data in your account during a data session, Aussie Mobile Connect may terminate the data session without notice.
- You must also have sufficient Included Value and/or Data Allowance in your account to cover the full charges of the particular feature of the Post-Paid Mobile Service you are attempting to use. For example, if You do not have sufficient Included Value in your account to cover the full charges of making a call Aussie Mobile Connect may not connect that call.
3.3 Standard International Calls
Included Value International Calls are to eligible standard calls to eligible international numbers in Select destinations only. You can review the list of eligible numbers and select destinations at https://www.aussiemobileconnect.com.au which may change from time to time. Any unused allowance expires at the end of each usage period and all calls are rounded up to the nearest 60 seconds.
3.4 PAYG International and other
- Some usage types on your Post-paid Mobile Service will not be available unless you activate the PAYG International and Other Extension and pre-select a limit (a maximum of $200, in multiples of $10 or $30) that you wish to spend. The types of usage that require activation of the PAYG International and Other Extension depends on your selected offer and is described in Schedule 1 to these Services Terms.
- You can activate the International and Other Extension by contacting Aussie Mobile Connect.
3.5 Add on packs
- From time-to-time, Aussie Mobile Connect may make available Add-on Packs that you may elect to purchase to enable you to use your Post-paid Mobile Service:
- in excess of your Included Value limit and/or Data Allowance; or
- to make calls/SMS to services that are otherwise not included in your Offer.
- If available, you may purchase Add-on Pack(s) at any time during your usage period. Aussie Mobile Connect will also notify via SMS as you approach your included value or Data Allowance limits of 50%, 85% and 100% and, if Add-on Pack(s) are available for purchase, you will be invited to purchase an Add-on Pack. These SMS will not contain an unsubscribe facility.
- To purchase Add-on Packs please contact Aussie Mobile Connect. The cost of the Add- on Pack will be added to your next bill.
- The available Add-on Packs, including Add-on Pack Fees, are described in Schedule 2 to these Service Terms.
- The included value (e.g.GB) of Data can be used during the usage period during which they were purchased. Any unused included values will be forfeited.
- If you purchase an Add-on Pack, you will be charged the full amount for an Add-on Pack, even if you only use part of the additional calls or data (as applicable) purchased as part of an Add-on Pack.
- You can only have one Data Add-on Pack for data usage at any time. If You purchase additional Data Add-on Packs before you use up the applicable included value (GB) of your then current Add-on Pack, then any unused data will be forfeited.
- You can only have one International Minutes Add-on Pack for calls at any time. If you purchase additional International Roaming Minutes Add-on Packs before you use up the applicable included value (minutes of your then current Add-on Pack, then any unused included value of that Add-on Pack will expire immediately).
- The types of charges that apply to your use of the Post-paid Mobile Service include:
- flagfall for calls you make.
- timed charges for the duration of calls you make.
- charges for SMS and MMS You send; and
- charges for other services Aussie Mobile Connect provides to you.
- Aussie Mobile Connect will not charge you for any of the following:
- unsuccessful Calls, SMS and MMS; and
- calls to toll free numbers including 000, 13 25 00 (State Emergency Services)
3.7 How are the charges calculated
- The charges you incur for use of the Post-paid Mobile Service and any feature of the Post-paid Mobile Service are calculated in accordance with your offer and Clause 7 of the General Terms.
- Charges for your Post-paid Mobile Service may depend on several factors, including:
- the offer you select,
- your usage of the Post-paid Mobile Service.
- any included Calls, SMS and services and any free, promotional or discounted rates that Aussie Mobile Connect may offer from time to time; and
- requests you make to Aussie Mobile Connect.
3.8 Monitor Charges you incur
You can access details of and monitor your usage by using the Aussie Mobile Connect My Account Login or by contacting us directly.
4. Paying for your Post-Paid Mobile Service
4.1 Charges payable by you
Each month, you must pay:
- Your Minimum Monthly Charge.
- Your Handset Fee.
- any Charges; and
- any Add-on Packs Fees.
4.2 Accessing the Post-Paid Mobile Service
There may be factors which interfere with your ability to use all features of the Post-paid Mobile Service, including:
- Your compatible device malfunctioning.
- Your compatible device being switched off or in-flight mode.
- Your compatible device or SIM Card having insufficient memory.
- You are being in a location that is not in the Mobile Network Coverage Area as required to use that particular feature of the Mobile Post-paid Service;
- Your attempting to use, access, download or transmit a service, feature or content that is not compatible with your compatible device; and
- The mobile handset of the person you attempt to contact being switched off or outside a mobile coverage area, not having the required functionality or being connected to an incompatible local or overseas network. Please note that certain features of the Post-paid Mobile Service may not be available on tablet devices.
4.3 Your compatible device
You acknowledge and agree that
- Aussie Mobile Connect or a Aussie Mobile Connect Supplier may:
- disclose, or permit a Aussie Mobile Connect Supplier to disclose, information on blocked and unblocked IMEIs to other Australian mobile telecommunications providers.
- check, or permit a Aussie Mobile Connect Supplier to check, whether the IMEI of any device used by you to access the Post-paid Mobile Service is blocked.
- updates to device firmware may be necessary for the device to continue receiving the Post-paid Mobile Service or for the device to receive new network features; and
- neither Aussie Mobile Connect nor any Aussie Mobile Connects’ Supplier will have any liability to you or anyone else for exercising its rights under this Clause 4.3.
4.4 Restrictions on use
- If Aussie Mobile Connect or a Aussie Mobile Connects Supplier becomes aware of, or reasonably suspects, that you have breached your obligations under the Acceptable Use Policy, Aussie Mobile Connect or a Aussie Mobile Connects Supplier may:
- require you to cease the activities that are in breach of the Acceptable Use Policy within 24 hours.
- suspend, limit or terminate your account or the provision of the Post-paid Mobile Service (or any feature of it); and/or
- charge you on a pay-as-you-go basis, by notice to you.
- Where Aussie Mobile Connect has a right to suspend your account or the provision of a Post-paid Mobile Service, then:
- any expiry date applicable to the Included Value or Data Allowance will not be affected by such suspension.
- any suspended Post-paid Mobile Service will retain its mobile number; and
- Aussie Mobile Connect may not process any porting request in relation to the suspended Account or Post-paid Mobile Service during the period of suspension.
- Aussie Mobile Connect Pty Ltd ABN 92 633 474 076 uses part of Telstra’s 4G and 3G mobile network. The Post-paid Mobile Service will only work within the Mobile Network Coverage Area. Outside the Mobile Network Coverage Area, provided you are still connected to the Post-paid Mobile Service and within the network coverage areas of other telecommunications service providers in Australia, you will only be able to make emergency calls to 000 or 112 only. You acknowledge that Aussie Mobile Connect or Aussie Mobile Connects’ Suppliers may change the Mobile Network Coverage Area from time to time.
- You are responsible for checking whether the Mobile Network Coverage Area is within the areas where you will ordinarily use the Post-paid Mobile Service, prior to purchasing the Post-paid Mobile Service. You can access coverage maps on Aussie Mobile Connect website www.aussiemobileconnect.com.au.
- Within the Mobile Network Coverage Area, the Post-paid Mobile Service may be affected by natural or physical structures within the area You are in. The coverage maps are general in nature, and there may be areas within the Mobile Network Coverage Area where there is no, or reduced, coverage.
- Some features of the Post-paid Mobile Service, such as data services, may be dependent on you and the person with whom you are communicating, being able to receive a particular level of signal strength within the Mobile Network Coverage Area, which may not be available in all areas. Accordingly, you may not be able to use those features of the Post-paid Mobile Service, if you or the person you are communicating with, are not in the particular area of the Mobile Network Coverage Area, upon which the feature you are trying to use is dependant.
5. Other Services
The following services are not available with Your Post-paid Mobile Service:
- Premium Services.
- transferring Your Mobile Number to another person.
- calls or SMS to the following types of numbers: “19xx”, “0055”, “1234”, “12455” and “12456”; and
- any activity prohibited under the Acceptable Use Policy, for example: MVOIP, SMSIP and SIM boxing.
6. Additional Aussie Mobile Connect termination rights
In addition to the termination rights set out in Clause 12 of the General Terms, Aussie Mobile Connect may, without liability, terminate the Customer Terms that apply to you immediately by notice to you if:
- You port your Mobile Number to another telecommunications service provider.
- You use your sim card, or the Post-paid Mobile Service in connection with a SIM Box, whether to terminate, transit, refile, aggregate, facilitate domestic or international traffic over the Mobile Network or otherwise; or
- You have not paid your monthly bill at least 28 Business Days from the date on which payment was due.
7. Mobile Numbers
- If you do not already have a Mobile Number, Aussie Mobile Connect can issue you with a Mobile Number to use with the Mobile Post-paid Service.
- Once Aussie Mobile Connect has issued you with a Mobile Number and the order has been accepted, you cannot elect to port a number from another carrier as a replacement for the number which has been allocated to you as part of the sign-on process.
- Aussie Mobile Connect does not confer any ownership, legal interest or goodwill in any Mobile Number issued to you. Subject to Clause 7(d), you are entitled to continue to use any Mobile Number that Aussie Mobile Connect issues to you.
- Where the Telecommunications Numbering Plan allows or requires Aussie Mobile Connect to recover a Mobile Number from you, including where a Mobile Number has been quarantined by Aussie Mobile Connect or a Aussie Mobile Connects Supplier after your account has been placed in a deactivated state or as otherwise permitted or required under the Telecommunications Numbering Plan, you will not be entitled to recover Your Mobile Number.
- If you would like to change your mobile number you must pay the applicable charge each time you request a new Mobile Number. If You have received communications of a harassing nature, and you have informed the relevant law enforcement agency of such communications, Aussie Mobile Connect will issue you with a replacement Mobile Number for no Charge. However, you may need to provide evidence to Aussie Mobile Connect.
- If Aussie Mobile Connect recovers your Mobile Number from you in accordance with Clause 7(d), Aussie Mobile Connect will issue you with a replacement Mobile Number for no charge but otherwise has no liability to you.
8. Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
- MNP allows you to keep your existing Mobile Number when you wish to stop using the mobile service provided by your current telecommunications service provider and take up a new mobile service with a new telecommunications service provider. This process is known as porting and is regulated under various legislation including the MNP Code.
- You will be able to port your Mobile Number from your current telecommunications service provider to Aussie Mobile Connect if that Mobile Number is able to be ported under the Telecommunications Numbering Plan.
- Aussie Mobile Connect will not Charge you to port your Mobile Number from your current telecommunications service provider to Aussie Mobile Connect.
- If you wish to port your existing Mobile Number from your current telecommunications service provider to Aussie Mobile Connect, then you must complete the MNP Customer Authorisation Process.
- The MNP Customer Authorisation Process can be completed through the Aussie Mobile Connect website or through Aussie Mobile Connect. You will be required to provide your existing Mobile Number and your existing account from your current telecommunications service provider or your date of birth if your mobile service is a prepaid with your current telecommunications provider. Before we can complete porting of your existing Mobile Number to Aussie Mobile Connect, you will need to verify that you are authorised to request the porting of your Mobile Number and that you authorise for the port to take place. We will undertake this confirmation in accordance with relevant industry codes of practice and laws. You will also be required to provide an acknowledgement that Aussie Mobile Connect has notified you about those matters referred to in Clause 8(G).
- You should notify Aussie Mobile Connect as soon as possible, if you wish to withdraw your authority to port your Mobile Number.
- You should be aware that:
- You may or may not be in an existing contract with your current telecommunications service provider.
- although you have the right to port your Mobile Number, there may be costs and obligations, including early termination payments, outstanding call and service usage costs and other contractual obligations associated with your current telecommunications service provider and porting your Mobile Number.
- any pre-paid credits in your account with your current telecommunications service provider may be forfeited; and
- the service, including related services such as value added services, associated with the Mobile Number whilst connected to your current telecommunications service provider may or may not be disconnected from your current telecommunications service provider and may result in finalisation of your account for that service.
- Aussie Mobile Connect cannot guarantee when or how long it will take to affect a port, however, Aussie Mobile Connect will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the port takes effect as soon as possible (within the Standard Hours of Operation).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Aussie Mobile Connect is not responsible or liable for any period of outage of your Mobile Number or mobile service or Post-paid Mobile Service (or any related or ancillary services) that occurs as a result of, or otherwise in connection with, the porting process, except as provided by Clause 14 of the General Terms.
- If you would like to continue using your existing device when you port your Mobile Number to Aussie Mobile Connect, you should confirm with Aussie Mobile Connect that your existing mobile handset meets any specifications published on the Aussie Mobile Connect website and if necessary, arrange to have your existing mobile handset unlocked or re-programmed from your current telecommunications service provider.
- You may also port your Mobile Number from Aussie Mobile Connect to another Telecommunications service provider, if that Mobile Number is able to be ported under the Telecommunications Numbering Plan.
- If you port your Mobile Number from Aussie Mobile Connect to another telecommunications service provider, you must pay any administrative costs in addition to any ETF’s payable by you.
- If your Post-paid Mobile Service is disconnected or terminated and you do not port your Mobile Number in accordance with this Clause 8, your Mobile Number may be issued to another customer in accordance with the Telecommunications Numbering Plan.
9. Handset Blocking
- This Clause 9 does not apply to any Post-paid Mobile Services under a SIM Only Offer.
- You can ask Aussie Mobile Connect to:
- block the use of your device if it is lost or stolen; or
- unblock the use of your device.
- If your device is blocked, it cannot be used to access Post-paid Mobile Services (except to make calls to emergency 000 or 112 numbers only). Access to the TTY 106 emergency services number may be restricted or unavailable from some blocked devices.
- Aussie Mobile Connect can block the use of your compatible device if Aussie Mobile Connect reasonably considers that your compatible device has been lost or stolen. Aussie Mobile Connect will use reasonable endeavours to contact you before your compatible device is blocked.
- Aussie Mobile Connect may block or continue to block the use of your compatible device without your consent if the compatible device has been lost or stolen, even if you prove to Aussie Mobile Connect that you have acquired the compatible device in good faith without knowing that it has (or may have) been lost or stolen.
- If Aussie Mobile Connect blocks your device, Aussie Mobile Connect or a Aussie Mobile Connects Supplier may include the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number of your device on a list of blocked IMEI numbers that is available to other Carriers and Carriage Service Providers who may also block your device on their network.
10. Calling Line Identification
- Calling Line Identification (CLI) includes the called party’s number, the calling party’s number, the date and time of the call, the call’s duration and routing. CLI makes possible the provision of a range of products and services to customers, including Calling Number Display (CND).
- CND will allow your Mobile Number to be displayed on the telephone of the person you are calling if their telephone is CND enabled and you have not asked for CLI to be blocked.
- For Calls from overseas or international numbers, you will not be able to see the
- calling party’s CLI.
- You may request for your CLI to be presented or blocked by:
- making a request that CLI never be presented except when you choose to present it for single calls by dialling 1832, or such other number as may be in use to allow the presenting of CLI from time to time, before the number being called; or
- making a request that CLI always be presented except when you choose to block CLI for single calls by dialling 1831, or such other number as may be in use to allow the blocking of CLI from time to time, before the number being called.
- You are entitled to make one such request in any period of 6 months free of Charge. A charge may apply if you make more than one such request in any 6 months period.
- If you do not request one of the options above, your Mobile Number will be presented on the telephone of the person You are calling.
- You cannot block CLI:
- for calls to emergency services.
- when sending SMS and MMS; and
- where CLI is used for billing, call management, credit control or law enforcement purposes.
11. The meaning of terms used in this Service Terms
The meaning of certain words and abbreviations used in these Service Terms are set out below. Other words and abbreviations used in these Service Terms are defined in Clause 18 of the General Terms (if a term is defined in both the General Terms and these Service Terms, then to the extent of any inconsistency the definition in these Service Terms shall prevail in relation to the interpretation of these Service Terms).
Singular words include the plural equivalent and vice versa.
Grammatical variations of a word defined in the Service Terms or General Terms (as applicable) have a corresponding meaning.
Where the word “including” is used in these Service Terms, it should be read as “including but not limited to”.
12 Month SIM Only Offer means each of the Offers described as a 12 Month SIM Only Post-paid Offer in Schedule 1.
Account Management Service means the service provided by Aussie Mobile Connect or Aussie Mobile Connects Supplier from time to time to enable you to access your account balance information.
Area Code means a set of 2, 3 or 4 digits, beginning with ‘0’, at the start of a Geographic Number,
indicating the part of Australia where:
- a customer, to whom the geographic number is issued, is located; or
- a telecommunications service is supplied or operated.
Calling Line Identification means the ability of the receiving handset to determine the Full National Number of the party placing the call.
Calling Number Display or CND means the ability of the receiving handset to display the full national number of the party placing the call and any data stored on that handset which is associated with the full national number that placed the call (also known as ‘caller ID’).
Calls means calls to and from Your Service to:
- an international number by voice or video.
- the Full National Number of another telephone service where both services are within Australia and the Full National Number dialled is:
- a ten-digit mobile number for a Digital Mobile Service with the prefix ‘04’ or ‘05’;
- an eight-digit Local Number or ten-digit Geographic number (i.e. You are calling a standard fixed line telephone number with or without an Area Code);
- six-digit numbers starting with ‘11’, ‘12’, ‘13’ or ‘18’;
- ten-digit numbers starting with ‘1800’ or ‘1300’;
- call diversions within Australia to Local Numbers, Geographic Numbers or Digital Mobile Service numbers; and
- voicemail diversion and retrieval charges (voice and video) within Australia, excluding, without limitation.
- service types listed in Clause 4 as not being available with your service; and
- operator assisted calls.
- reverse charge, information and push-to-talk calls; and
- calls to any special numbers and services (classified by Aussie Mobile Connect from time to time).
Deactivated State means that an account has been deactivated, the mobile number associated with it has been quarantined and the end user may no longer access the resupplied Post-paid Mobile Service using it.
Digital Mobile Service means a mobile telephone service or a public mobile telecommunication service supplied by a network using digital modulation techniques.
Early Termination Fee or ETF has the meaning given to it in Clause 2.5(B).
Flagfall means the initial fixed fee or flag fall for establishing a phone call.
Full National Number means the number associated with a telecommunications service which enables calls and/or SMS to be made to that service from anywhere within Australia. Examples include: a 10-digit Mobile Digital Service number commencing 04 or 014, a Local Number, a Geographic Number, a 6- or 8-digit premium SMS number commencing 19 or 188, the three digit emergency numbers 000, 112 (international for mobile phones) and 106 (teletext).
Geographic Number means the combination of an Area Code and Local Number that enables the caller to telephone the customer or telecommunications services of the Local Number from places with a different area code to that Local Number.
IMEI means the unique International Mobile Equipment Identification number for a mobile device.
Included Data has the meaning given to it in Clause 3.1(a)(ii).
Included Value has the meaning given to it in Clause 3.1(a)(i).
Local Number (also known as subscriber number) means a set of digits that when dialled, enables the caller to telephone:
- a customer at a place that has the same area code as the caller; or
- a telecommunications service that is supplied or operated at a place that has the same Area Code as the caller.
Aussie Mobile Connect Mobile Phone Plan Offer means each of the offers described as a Aussie Mobile Connect Mobile Phone Plan Offer in Schedule 1.
M2M Use means machine-to-machine use where a device initiates a communication without human interaction and other uses described in the Service Terms or Plan as ‘M2M Use’ (for example, a vending machine sending wireless packet data to another machine, or a burglar alarm sending an SMS). It does not include data communication from a mobile handset that is ancillary to personal use of the handset (such as checking emails).
Minimum Monthly Charge means the minimum charge payable by you for your chosen offer and as described in Schedule 1 to these Service Terms.
Minimum Term has the meaning given to it in Clause 2.5(a).
MMS means Multimedia Messaging Service that includes multimedia objects such as images, audio, video and rich SMS.
MNP Customer Authorisation Process means the process you need to undertake to port your existing Mobile Number from your current telecommunications service provider to Aussie Mobile Connect.
MNP. Code means the Communications Alliance Industry Code ACIF C570:2009 – Mobile Number Portability.
Mobile Number Portability or MNP means the ability to port a mobile telephone number a described in Clause 8.
Month to Month SIM Only Offer means each of the offers described as a Month to Month SIM Only Post-paid Offer in Schedule 1.
MVOIP means voice calls over the IP protocol (VoIP) using a mobile device.
Offer means an offer from Aussie Mobile Connect to enable Customers to acquire and use the Post-paid Mobile Service. Details of each offer are set out in Schedule 1.
SIM Box means a voice over internet protocol or fixed-to-mobile gateway device or box containing multiple SIM Cards that enables voice calls to be terminated to fixed and mobile numbers over the Mobile Network.
SIM Card means a subscriber identity module supplied by Aussie Mobile Connect to you, which is to be used with a compatible device to enable You to access and use the Mobile Post-paid Service and the Mobile Network;
SIM Only Offer means the Month to Month SIM Only Offer and the 12 Month SIM Only Offer.
SMSIP means SMS sent or received over an IP network.
Standard Hours of Operation has the meaning given to that term under the Mobile Number Portability Industry Code ACIF C570:2009 as amended from time to time. As at 18 February 2018, the Standard Hours of Operation are:
- 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday Australian Eastern Standard Time / Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time; and
- 10am to 4pm Australian Eastern Standard Time / Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time on Saturdays and Sundays; and
- closed on national public holidays.
Usage Period has the meaning given to it in Clause 3.1(a).